Thursday, January 15, 2009

Ouvrir la porte

I consider my self somewhat existentialist, seeing as I believe in one key idea:
The only way to create meaning in life is through choices. 
Lately I've been trying to follow this - being spontanious, even somewhat reckless, shaking up my life a bit in an attempt to open up the door  to excitement and newness.  
Basically, I want to do what we all want to do - truly find ourselves.  Here are my multiple personalities:

Hippy - I love spending time outdoors, hiking, exploring - it all is so freeing.  I love all nighters, I listen to the Grateful Dead, Phish, etc., and yes, I signed up for World Drumming next year.  I have inscence, and I love not showering - and Smartwool socks make me really, really happy. 

Prep - I love being smart and insainly organized, going to the club, riding in Audis.  I live in a wealthy neighborhood, and sometimes I wish I could wear Lacoste polo shirts and Ked
s forever. 

Art Kid - I adore acting, scetching, playing piano, making poetry, and hanging out with people who I can discuss art with. My favorite place to eat lunch is the art room, and the purid stench of paint and ink makes me happy.  

Braniac - I slave over homework and books.  ugh. 

Fashonista - Well, yes, I could shop all day.  Online, in boutiques, malls, everywhere. I follow fashion blogs and spend an unhealthy amount of time poured over magazines.  And I want to be Carrie Bradshaw. 

Classic Girl - I wear all black.  I aspire to be Coco Chanel. I'm a sucker for antiques and gold. 

Dancer - I will dance to anything.  Anything. 

Music Lover/Groupie - mmmm concerts. The inner Cool Kid sometimes comes out and there I am having an intense discussion about minute details regarding the singer. 

So I need to unite all these personalities and open to door to myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment