Thursday, January 15, 2009

Nalgenes


Alright, so nowadays we are all greenifying ourselves.  Practices that I have held for years are now all of a sudden "in", and thus I'm no longer the environmental geek.
One of my favorite green itms: the Nalgene. Mine have traveled the world with me (my trusty purple one, pictured, was my best friend in Italy).  I have many of various shapes and colors, yet they NEVER BREAK.  My brother and his friends attempted to destroy one once and it went down like this:
run over with a car - fail
sawed with a chainsaw - fail
put in a bonfire - fail
wacked with hammers - fail
melted with a saudering gun meant for silversmithing - small progress
More frequently though I see people toting Siggs. News: Siggs dent. And you cannot see how many liters you have consumed.  Or if there is something weird in your water.  And they are destructible. weak sauce. 
 And I don't care if you can get one that says "make love not landfills" and pose as a hippy.  And I don't care if you can get a limited edition one designed by Zach Posen and pose as a fashonista. 
Because I will always be loyal to my Nalgene.  It will never die in my heart. Or literally.  Cause it's indestructible. 




1 comment:

  1. How to destroy a nalgene:

    Heat it up in a fire of some sort, even putting in boiling water will work.

    Quickly transfer it to a freezer.

    This will cause the bonds in the plastic to loosen and then re-form in this loosened state. It will become quite brittle and prone to shattering.

    From that point, you could probably just hold it above your head and drop it. It'd shatter.

    ReplyDelete