Sunday, January 17, 2010

2009

I have this frozen memory of you on a bike bike bike
with a coke in hand
and a flannel on
riding over the grass
to see me maybe later

I have this frozen memory of you on a baseball diamond
with a box of cigarettes
tucked into your
tee shirt sleeve
and then we made some veggie burgers
on english muffins

I have this frozen memory of you on a bike bike bike
massaging my shoulders as we rode
how do you have such good balance
I think it was dangerous for us to be there
But you're tall
so I guess it was ok

I have this frozen memory of you on top of a hill
wait no, we were frozen
I pulled my hat over my eyes
I know it was dangerous for us to be there
but it was necessary
so I know it was okay

I have this frozen memory of you in my life
but I think that
it is possibly
a good time
for me to end this poem
and move on

No comments:

Post a Comment