Tuesday, September 22, 2009

In This Still Suburban Town

So familiar
I know this way
the bumps the sides
smell smell smell
like a raccoon that fights outside my window
no, i slink
i know
as still as a fox
leaving mass

oh joyous recall!
the bird was dead
the fox was my friend
the raccoons howled
and the frog man chased me
but i knew the corner house
the light speared by the full trees
reluctant to color

save me from the frog man
save me from dead birds
save me from the future
save yourself
I will save you

i knew it was you
amassed in the shapes
you had ridden your bike
through the night
a jaguar within
which was probably the reason for your smirk
the sideways smile that i sometimes get
no, you were a little drunk
and perhaps thought you could scare me

but you loom!
how can i be scared when you so obviously swing and
coca cola slides through my brain
with a jacket not mine
and hair damp from the ride

anyway

i knew it was you. you came out to get me
it was the only time
i couldn't wait either
and it was 3 in the morning

thank you for coming for me
because i felt it


No comments:

Post a Comment