Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sam's Red Car




the first time I came he was jumping on top
his hair was up down, my heart was a-flop
the seats tilted back, my neck held in strain
with no knowledge of what I had yet to gain

the crazy woot woot of passion and dirt
with folly and life we always would flirt
thy head out the window alive with the air
theses good times I see were only a snare

he taunted and laughed, pinning In God We Trust
the framework of red, the earth was our lust
wheels turning and stopping, I know every seat
was the joy you delivered just a small feat?

the picture of life, the smell I still hold
injections of hope would soon make me bold
cannabis incense, a small little bear
a banner of comfort that you came to bear

socks only he wore, on the first night it snowed
we scurried inside, my thoughts failed to mold
you took us through the thin darkness and sleet
sparing me movement of my little feet

horizontal in blankets, I slept in your grasp, 
as he drove you onward, my life was a gasp
a tiny wood dragon, propped up just for fun
I think back and know that my life I had won

I saw you today, idle under the snow
adventures of wonder I never will know
mobility valued, as upward you took me
the ways that I love you, the times that I now see

No comments:

Post a Comment