Friday, April 6, 2012

Fufillment

"What's something you do everyday that makes you feel fulfilled?"
___

I've been fairly depressed the last few days.  I have skipped out on parties (including 90's and funk music parties, two favorites), hooking up with smart and gorgeous a cappella men from Oxford University, and class because I have been feeling so low. The inside of my mouth has been chewed until it has bled, and inside of my stomach has become a garbage pit for everything I see.  I seem to be on a rampage of negativity, until a friend from high school just randomly texted me the above statement a few minutes ago.   This is the problem: I do not feel fulfilled.  But I can be.

Something I do everyday that makes me feel fulfilled:
I give thanks for good things in the day before I go to bed.

Things I do sometimes that make me feel fulfilled:
1. Go on a really long and hard run
2. Pause and drink really good coffee slowly
3. Make someone whose sense of humor I respect laugh
4. Dance to good music well and completely freely
5. Have someone respect my opinion (academically or socially)


I'm so glad she texted me, because I have been feeling completely unfulfilled this week.  I really need to focus on what makes my days fulfilled and do more of what really makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment